Ich/Ick

Home Forums General Ich/Ick

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Caela

My female Betta has Ick, it developed extremely fast, she was fine this morning and when I checked on her again this afternoon she was full of white dots. I did a water change and used “stop Ick” medication but I am unsure of what other measures to take. She lives in a 3l bowl with another female who I am certain also has the parasite. I have heard you should hear the water but how can I do that in a bowl? Please provide any advice you can. Thank you!

#10639 Reply
    Betta Care
    Keymaster

Hi Caela, that’s right, you should use an aquarium heater to slowly begin heating the bowl. However, due to the small nature of your bowl, this may be hard to do, the best suggestion is to move both fish to a tank that’s a minimum of 15 gallons in size. Not only will this reduce the chance of infections happening again in the future, but it’s also going to keep them healthier and happier overall.

If you want to know more about treating ich here is a helpful article: https://www.bettacarefishguide.com/betta-ich-treatment-save-your-betta/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Ich/Ick
Your information: